Apprentice: Craft Baker
We currently have a fantastic career development opportunity working within our craft bakery here in Bakewell.
The right candidate will have a passion for the baking industry and retain an interest in the science of creating perfect craft and artisan breads and puddings.
The nature of the industry requires commitment and enthusiasm from the individual who can work within a team and manage very early morning work patterns – initially beginning at 7.30am but importantly an anticipated earlier 3am start after the completion of the apprenticeship.
It will be a demanding but rewarding role within a busy, challenging but passionate environment; and so a high level of professional standard and presentation is required.
GCSE Grade A*- C English & Maths with a desirable Science qualification
Reporting to the Director
Key responsibilities range from:
- Preparing work areas
- Preparing tins, greasing and getting the correct number ready
- Scraping trays, loading racks, traying up bakery products
- Loading the ovens
- Weighing up recipes and mixing dough
- Scaling off dough pieces and hand moulding various shapes and sizes
- Timing the bake
- Weighing up, mixing and blocking pie paste
- Cooling bread
- Wrapping and hand labelling bread
- Attend shows and events with the team
- Clean up in the bakery
- Other duties as and when required
Attend Sheffield City College Bakery section for one day per week in term time
To find out more details about the role and the requirements, and to apply, please visit the Sheffield College Apprenticeship page.